Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Interview: IrieAz Photo

My interview with Tommy of IrieAz Photo. Tommys pictures are all over the place so I had to ask him some questions.


So how did you first get into taking photos? I was given a camera from my sister about 5 years ago, just an old film camera. I started taking photos during my road trips between Arizona and Michigan. After about a year i took an interest in live music. It made sense to combine the two because music has always been a big part of my day to day life.

I see you take pictures from many genres which do you dig the most? Music. Like i mentioned in the previous question its something that has always been an interest. Live shows and the energy felt from the performers and fans never gets boring. It doesn't hurt that i get to meet and photograph the artists i have grown up listening to. I'm blessed in that sense.

What else do you like taking pictures of? Anything and everything pertaining to life, art and the diversity in people. I have done my best to help promote other artists in their ventures and portray their perspectives and style through my photos.


Whats some of your most memorable shoots? You didn't specify here memorable for a good time or lessons learned. I think some of the more memorable shoots have been the ones i learn patience from. Shooting a band before they play a show, after just rolling into town and no introductions have been made. This can be a little nerve racking because you don't want to take to much of their time but you want a great shoot.

What music venues do you like the most? The best one right now i would say is Celebrity Theater. The whole set up of the venue is great. The lighting is good and the stage is set up to rotate 360 degrees while the band is playing so you get those great crowd interaction shots.

Best show you've been too so far? Beach Fest 2010 Rocky Point Mexico. It was chill because it was all right on the beach. Everybody was hanging out drinkin smokin straight west coastin. Ha.

Have you ever looked into publishing a book of your work? No. I'm not ready for all that.

Being that your in AZ what is it that you like/hate about the state? Az is my second home but the summers are lame. I enjoy being outdoors but on some days that's almost impossible. Otherwise its great!

Do you have any other hobby's? I like Bicycles.

Anything we should be on the lookout for? Yeah! Keep an eye on the web page and my FaceBook page. I am pretty consistent with my updates and i enjoy feed back.

What do you wanna say to your fans/peoples out there? There's too many too name but i want to say a big thanks to everybody that has supported me and my awesome girlfriend for helping me use my words. Ha.


Check out the IrieAz Photo website right here



No comments:

Post a Comment